GSE, a company committed to sustainable development
GSE has built and developed its business in line with social, ethical and environmental considerations. Our sustainable development strategy is implemented at all levels of the company. We pledge to:
- Ensure our practices are always legal and ethical
- Establish effective governance and implementation of the strategy
- Respect human rights and diversity in all circumstances
- Ensure people’s safety and wellbeing at all times
- Reduce our activities’ carbon footprint
- Preserve land and biodiversity
- Optimise waste management
GSE’s sustainable development roadmap sets out objectives for 2025 that are aligned with the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
GSE, a member of the Global Compact
GSE is one of the founding companies of the Global Compact France and served on its board of directors for 16 years. This long-standing commitment to sustainable development has formed the basis for defining our CSR strategy.
By joining this programme, GSE adopted the ten principles of the Global Compact in the various aspects of the company’s life, including:
- Human Rights
- International labour standards
- The environment
- Prevention of corruption
GSE, Platinum-rated by EcoVadis
In 2023, ratings agency EcoVadis once again recognised GSE’s CSR performance with a score of 79/100, awarding the PLATINUM label of excellence. GSE is in the TOP 1% of all companies assessed by EcoVadis (out of a total of more than 100,000 companies in 175 countries and 200 industries).
GSE owes its consistent track record of sustainability to the full commitment of all employees, led on by the company’s network of CSR Officers.
Our Platinum rating highlights our strong convictions and active approach. GSE has been:
– a member of Global Compact France since its creation in 2003
– a signatory since 2017 of the French Business Climate Pledge, a commitment to the planet by responsible companies.
The GSE Foundation
Created in August 2018, the GSE Foundation aims to carry out and support humanitarian, educational, cultural and social activities around the world. Chaired by our former Group COO Michel Gambassi, the GSE Foundation completed its first project when it built a boarding school in Kathmandu, Nepal. This was followed by the construction and handover of a farm school in Mananjary, Madagascar.