Taking action for sustainability
Our CSR policy
At GSE, we address the environmental and social aspects of all our activities, always seeking to maximise their positive impact. Our CSR strategy focuses on three key areas:
- Driving sustainability: we integrate CSR into our governance processes, based on ethics and dialogue.
- With and for employees: we respect human rights and implement the highest standards of health & safety. Our employees apply best practices every day.
- Supporting communities: we promote local development, applying the principles of sustainable construction and responsible purchasing.
In line with this strategy, GSE has endorsed the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. We’ve drawn up a roadmap to 2025 to improve our impact
More information in our CSR Essentials :
Ethics are the cornerstone of the Group’s CSR strategy. GSE guarantees fair and responsible practices with all its partners – particularly in business dealings with clients and suppliers.
We have drawn up a number of codes to guide our ethical practices. They can be downloaded below.
For additional information, you may contact our Director for Ethics : firstname.lastname@example.org
Promoting the Global Compact
GSE was a founding member of the Global Compact France back in 2003 and has been on the Board of Directors ever since. This long-standing commitment to sustainable development has served as the foundation for defining our CSR strategy.
By joining this programme, GSE adopted the 10 principles of the Global Compact in all aspects of our company life, in four areas:
- Human Rights
EcoVadis Gold level
In 2021, the EcoVadis ratings agency gave our CSR performance a score of 74/100, putting us in their PLATINUM level of excellence. We still rank in the top 1% of companies audited by EcoVadis (out of more than 75 000 companies evaluated in more than 160 countries and 200 sectors).
This consistent performance of GSE about sustainable development is possible thanks to the commitment of all GSE employees, with special thought for the CSR correspondents network.
This award is highlighting GSE’s strong convictions:
– Member of the French Global Compact since its creation in 2003
– Signatory since 2017 of the French Business Climate Pledge, society commitment for climate protection
Created in August 2018, the GSE Foundation organises and supports humanitarian, educational, cultural and social actions around the world. Under the chairmanship of Michel Gambassi, our former Chief Operating Officer, the GSE Foundation built its first project in Kathmandu, Nepal: a boarding school for underprivileged children. This was followed by the construction and delivery of a farm school in Mananjary, Madagascar.