Training and skills development
The GSE group promotes a genuine sharing policy, because we know that sharing the company's knowledge and know-how is a source of advancement and progress. The objective is to promote the professional development of every one of our employees, the GSE group's number one asset.
The GSE group regards training as an investment in the future. The training plan is defined in accordance with the group's strategic guidelines, the regulatory and technical developments of our industry, the safety actions targeted and the need for everyone to enhance their skills with a view to advancing in their career. In 2013, nearly 4% of the wage bill was dedicated to training, 90% of the staff completed training courses, with an average of 3.7 training days for each employee of the GSE Group.
Training programmes are in place to provide everyone with career advancement options in our different domains, from a technical as well as developmental perspective: languages, team management, technical retraining, legal aspects, IT tools, etc.
During their career, we also propose a team management programme to help future managers conduct interviews, develop their leadership skills, manage difficult situations, etc.
We focus on career advancement
Our Human Resources Department is keen to support the group's talent and promote career advancement.
Career paths and opportunities give access to more senior positions or help perform the same job in different business sectors or territories, via:
Inter-subsidiary mobility in France (perform a similar job in different sectors/types of building):
- CCR: if you wish to work for small and medium-sized business and industries, with a focus on close links with clients (with 15 branches across France)
- GSE: if you wish to design major logistics, industrial and tertiary projects
- GAM: if you wish to exercise your trade in the renovation and retail property sector
- in France and within one of the group's 17 sites
- abroad with expatriate status: UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Romania, Hungary, Poland, China
for example you can move from Design and Construction Manager to Technical Director, from Project Engineer to Design & Purchasing Director, etc.